I did well for a couple days but then started to forget my bullet journal at home! I would remember my planner but not the journal. FAIL... FAIL... FAIL...
I am not surprised though. I violated my one rule for self organization. One life, one organizational tool. (OR One LIFE, one PLANNER...) Adding a separate bullet journal really disrupted my planner mojo.
My solution? I decided to insert my Leuchtturm1917 INTO my Happy Planner! I know I could easily print dotted "inserts" but I really like the layout, page quality, and look of the Leuchtturm1917 notebook pages, even if they aren't the same size as my Happy Planner! (Hint, hint, Leuchtturm... A 7.25 by 9 size notebook would be wonderful!)
Inserting my Leuchtturm1917 into my Happy Planner was an easy process and so far I LOVE how it turned out!
Want to give it a try? Here are step by step instructions!
1. Take your Leuchtturm1917 to Office Depot (I'm sure other office supply stores do it too!) and have them cut the binding off the notebook. Did you know this was possible? I didn't! It only cost $1.99 and took less than 30 seconds!
2. Evaluate the size of your planner discs to see how much space you are going to have for your Leuchtturm1917.
I ran into a problem here. My Happy Planner is already pretty chubby. I have my month inserts chilling in there all the way to December 2017. I need the future planning.
Soooo... to help with my space dilemma, while at Office Depot I bought 2 inch discs to replace my 1.75 inch Happy Planner discs. Office Depot has a disc brand called Tul. It is similar to the Arc brand Staples carries.
3. Next use the handy Happy Planner punch on the pages of your newly unbound Leuchtturm1917. Since my Leuchtturm is not the same size as my Happy Planner I measured to make sure there would be equal excess on both sides of the first and last punches. I found that placing the bottom of the pages just inside the white line of the punch produced exactly the spacing I wanted.
4. Finally... insert your bullet journal! I inserted mine right in between the pages of my weekly layout.
I used two MAMBI dividers to section it off. As the weeks roll by I plan on moving the weekly pages to the left, always leaving the bullet journal section in the middle of the current week!
Yay for not forgetting it at home! ONE life, ONE planner! My planner peace has been restored. Phew!
Now for an update! After a couple days I decided that I didn't like the Office Depot Tul Discs. They don't quite slide like the Happy Planner discs! Annoying. So I again transferred my planner back to the original Happy Planner discs and only inserted HALF of the Leuchtturm notebook. When I use up the first half I'll reevaluate or just hope and pray that MAMBI comes out with 2 or 2.5 inch discs. Who's with me?
If you want a bullet journal in your Happy Planner you can get a Leuchtturm1917 below.
Leuchtturm 1917 Notebook A5 Hardcover Dotted Medium Black
* This post contains affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product that I haven’t used myself and love!